Tuesday, October 17, 2023

6/2-3/23 front, east garden

  • Sedums are doing well especially along the east side of the driveway. Working at stoney area on northwest side of house with sedums. It's a tough area to grow plants because it is very dry.
  • Rose bush is doing well. I keep it trimmed and don't let it sucker. It wants to turn into a thicket.
  • Raspberries are thriving along east side. 
  • Strawberries spreading over sedums along east side. Had large green strawberries along west fence but I went on vacation and I assume the birds got them.
  • Surprise volunteer red orache came up at northwest corner of house. It grew quite well and some plants exceeded 5 feet.
  • Hostas are thriving at front of house. I am encouraging sedums to spread between them. I planted some sunflowers from seeds collected last year.
  • Planted field peas along east end in front. They did well and were fairly tastey.
  • Parsley came back in circle garden and grew very large. I cut it back and used the cuttings for mulch. Magnolia and other peas did ok but not produce very much. Sunflower came up. New Zealand spinach grew well.



















No comments:

Post a Comment