Monday, June 30, 2014

Toddlers spiral plarn hat

I remade my nephews hat deeper so it would stay on his head better.














I used 11 bags cut 1/2" and h hook.

I started out with a magic circle and worked in a spiral.
Rounds were marked with safety pins so I would know where I started plus I tend to lose track of counting so the pins were a visual reminder where I was.

About halfway through I turned the hat inside out to make working on it easier and left it like that when I was done.

Rounds for top or crown of hat
  1. 6 SC, mark
  2. 12 SC, mark
  3. 24 SC, mark
  4. *2 SC increase, then 2 SC* repeat 6 times?
  5. *2 SC inc, then 4sc* repeat 6 times
  6. *2 sc inc, then 8 sc* repeat 4 times, then 5 sc 
  7. *2 sc inc, then 12 sc* repeat 3 times?, then 2sc incr
  8. *14 sc, then 2sc inc* repeat 3 times?
  9. *16 sc, then 2sc inc* repeat 2 times, then 14 sc
  10. *2sc inc, then 18 sc* repeat 2 times, then 14 sc (I let it start to curl here)
  11. *2sc inc, then 20 sc* repeat 2 times, then 2sc inc, then 10 sc
  12. *10 sc, then 2sc inc* repeat 5 times, mark 
Measures about 6 1/4" in diameter

Rounds for Side of hat
Approximately 60 HDC for about 9 rounds or 3"

Rounds for Brim of hat
These rounds were unequal stitches as I didn't count stitches. I just worked till I got near or just past safety pin mark. I worked until the brim was about 2 1/2" long. Ending up stopping hdc about 3 st before safety pin, then did 2 sc to finish last round.
  1. *2hdc inc, then 5 hdc* repeat until get near or just past marked spot
  2. *2hdc inc, then 6 hdc* repeat
  3. * 2hdc inc, then 7 hdc* repeat
  4. * 2hdc inc, then 8 hdc* repeat
  5. * 2hdc inc, then 9 hdc* repeat
  6. * 2hdc inc, then 11 hdc* repeat
Here's my notes.











Started on 6/8/14
Finished 6/29/14
Worked on while keeping husband company so maybe about 2 hours per week while distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment