Tuesday, July 5, 2022

6/30/22 Cucumbers starting to grow. Still getting peas, radishes, and sour cherries. Baby dock planted in April came up.

Green finger cucumber growing well in pot. Warmer weather seems to agree with it. Also dwarf tomato is starting a tomato. 










Ground cherries and spinach. The front garden ground cherry plants are very small. I hope these plants are very prolific. I love ground cherries.












Picked, pitted, and froze a bag of sour cherries. I have 4 bags now. That's enough. There is tons more on the tree but I'll leave them for the birds.







Peas are flowering. Claytonia going to seed. Picked arugula or mustard seed pods and brought them indoors to dry. According to a podcast it's best to leave the roots on.












Baby bloody dock leaves are tender and good. I planted these a long time ago and I had given up on them coming up. Sorrel leaves are no longer tender. They are best in spring when they first come up.










Harvested peas twice. Radishes are almost all gone. Need to plant more. German chamomile is flowering a few buds at a time. Smells nice.






No comments:

Post a Comment