Saturday, July 16, 2022

7/10/22 Chamomile is blooming and growing well. Nastutrium blossoms are very tasty

 Front circle garden

















Green cherry tomatoes. Celery sprouting from planted ends. Put out birdbath but probably isn't necessary. Rain is coming. Weather has been very nice high 50s at night and up to low 80s during the day. The solar fountain only works when it's sunny. I think we have more cloudy and partly cloudy days than sunny days. Also very humid (80%) here in summer. I've been trimming the tomatoes this year so it will hopefully be easier to find the tomatoes.











Planted greens in west strawberry garden that is semi-shaded by neighbor's trees. Volunteer kale growing good in clover patch. It's also growing well in west bedroom garden. I need to cut some leaves, blanche, and freeze. I think 12 pints will be enough. Next year I plan to plant tomatoes in west bedroom garden. I just heard about a tomato from Italy called "Green Bee" sold by artisan seeds (and also Johnnies) that can be hung in the basement and will keep for months. I may try that next year.

















Saved cantaloupe seeds for microgreens this winter. Every time I walk past the pea plants I find peas.














No comments:

Post a Comment