Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Holding the crochet hook

Ok, so far I have found 3 different ways to hold the crochet hook.
  • Pencil or Pen grip: this is the one which I use, especially with small pieces. It's a lot of wrist action. This is the grip most often mentioned in the books if they mention on how to hold the hook at all.
  • Knife grip: I've only seen this one on the internet and in one book. At first it felt a little awkward to me but I can see where it would save your wrist because it seems like you are using your arm more. It's actually quite fast
  • Violin bow grip: Only seen this in one book, no where else yet. I tried it but am not proficient in this grip.
I'm not sure which grip my cousin uses. She joked around and told me that I'm holding the crochet hook wrong. Next time I go to crochet club I will look to see how the others are holding their hooks. Who knows, maybe I'll find a totally new way that's even better!

Pencil Grip


















Knife Grip
















Violin Bow Grip
















I texted my cousin and told her there was 3 ways to hold the crochet hook. She texted me back that there was only 2 ways; the right way and the wrong way. What a joker she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment